Dr. Gopaldas is extensively published at the national and international level. In addition he has also authored chapters in prestigious surgical textbooks.
1. Dorairajan N, Gopaldas RR, Ramkumar M, Siddharth D. Complete Rectal Prolapse: Abdominal or Perineal repair? Indian Journal of Surgery 2001; 64(2): 154-159
2. Gopaldas RR (Editor). Digital Surgical Education CD for residents. Published 2001 Author: N Dorairajan. FACS. Endocrine Surgery Series
3. Gopaldas R, Kunasani R, Plymyer MR, Bloch RS. Hepatoid malignancy of unknown origin-A diagnostic conundrum: Review of the literature and case report of collision with adenocarcinoma. Surgical Oncology 2005; 14: 11-25.
4. Gopaldas R, Rastogi V, Gulick T. A case of pyonephrosis secondary to ureteral stent calculus. Int Urol Nephrol. 2005;37(3):467-70.
5. Haque S, Gopaldas RR, Plymyer MR, Glantz AI. Pancreatic mass of unusual etiology: Case report of metastatic disease after a prolonged lag phase. The American Surgeon, 2005 Dec; Vol. 71 (12), pp. 1082-5; PMID: 16447487
6. Dunning K, Gopaldas RR, Rohatgi C. The role of amputation in treating large basal cell carcinomas of the extremity: a case report and review of the literature. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, 2007 May; Vol. 119 (6), pp. 1974-6
7. Gopaldas RR, Rohatgi C. The axial spin technique of intracorporeal knot tying: a novel and simplified approach for junior residents. Surgical Laparoscopy, Endoscopy & Percutaneous Techniques, 2006 Aug; Vol. 16 (4), pp. 281-4; PMID: 16921315
8. Gopaldas RR, Walden TB. Ovulatory dysuria: a bizarre presentation of crossed non-fused ectopic kidney with extra renal pelvis. Int Urol Nephrol. 2008 889-92. Epub 2008 Apr 29
9. Gopaldas RR, Toedter LJ, Dorman SA and Rohatgi C. Gastrointestinal stromal tumor of the pancreatoduodenal complex: A detailed review and development of new prognostic scoring system. Cancer Therapy, 2008. Vol 6(B), pp. 577-596. http://www.cancer-therapy.org/CT6B/pdf/61._Gopaldas_et_al,_577-596.pdf
10. Gopaldas RR. The Future of Extended Life support. AmSECT Today, 2009 Jan-Feb; 11(1) page 10. www.amsect.org
11. Gopaldas RR, Rohatgi C. Axial spin technique of endoscopic intracorporeal knot tying: comparison with the conventional technique and objective assessment of knot security, learning curves and performance efficiency across training levels. Surgical Laparoscopy, Endoscopy & Percutaneous Techniques. 2009 Apr;19(2):157-64.
12. Gopaldas RR, Atluri PV, Blaustein AS, Bakaeen FG, Huh J and Chu D. Papillary Fibroelastoma of the Aortic Valve: Operative approaches upon incidental discovery. Tex Heart Inst J 2009;36(2):160-3
13. Gopaldas RR, Huh J, Bakaeen FG, Wang XL, Coselli JS, LeMaire SA and Chu D. The Impact of resident work-hour restrictions on outcomes of cardiac operations. Journal of Surgical Research 2009 May 3.
14. Gopaldas RR, Patel KP, Livesay JJ and Cooley DA. Direct cannulation of the Infrahepatic Vena Cava for emergent cardiopulmonary bypass support. Tex Heart Inst J 2009;36(4):316-20.
15. Gopaldas RR and Rice DC. Mediastinal Paragangliomas and Pheochromocytomas. In General Thoracic Surgery by Shields. 7th Edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. 2009; 198: 2447-72.
16. Gopaldas RR, Rice DC, AG Bondeson and NW Thompson. Mediastinal Parathyroid Tumors. In General Thoracic Surgery by Shields. 7th Edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins. 2009; 200: 2499-2509.
17. Gopaldas RR, Chu D, Dao TK, Huh J, LeMaire SA, Coselli JS, Bakaeen FG. Predictors of surgical mortality and discharge status after coronary artery bypass grafting in patients 80 years and older. American Journal of Surgery 2009 Nov;198(5):633-8.
18. Gopaldas RR, Lin PH and LeMaire SA. Occlusive disease of the Brachiocephalic vessels and Surgical Management of Simultaneous Carotid and Coronary artery Disease. In Sabiston and Spencer Surgery of the Chest. 8th Edition. Elsevier Health Sciences. 2010; 73: 1143-1156
19. Gopaldas RR and Angelico RA. Incarcerated Biatrial Thromboembolus after Extrapleural Pneumonectomy: A Surgical Conundrum. The American Surgeon 2010 Sep;76(9):1022-5.
20. Dao, T., Chu, D., Gopaldas, RR., Springer, J., Menefee, D., Anderson, T., Hiatt, E., & Nguyen, Q. Clinical Depression, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and Comorbid Depression and PTSD as Risk Factors for In-Hospital Mortality after Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 2010 Sep;140(3):606-10. Epub 2010 Jan 13
21. Bakaeen FG, Chu D, Ratcliffe M, Gopaldas RR, Blaustine AS, Venkat R, Huh J, LeMaire SA, Coselli JS and Carabello BA. Severe Aortic Stenosis in a Veteran Population: Treatment Considerations and Survival. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2010 Feb; 89(2):453-8.
22. Bakaeen FG, Chu D, De La Cruz KI, Gopaldas RR, Huh J, Sansgiry S, LeMaire SA, Coselli JS,. Operative Mortality after Aortic Valve Replacement: Predictions Made by Surgeons versus Risk Model. Journal of Surgical Research 2010 Sep;163(1):1-6. Epub 2010 Apr 1.
23. Gopaldas RR, Chu D, Dao TK, Huh J, Lemaire SA, Coselli JS and Bakaeen FG. Impact of ACGME work-hour restrictions on the Outcomes of Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting in a cohort of 600,000 patients. 2010 Oct;163(2):201-9. Epub 2010 Apr 1.
24. Gopaldas RR and Reul RM. The Intracorporeal Thoracoscopic Surgeon's Knot: A Novel and Simplified Technique. Tex Heart Inst J 2009 2010;37(4):435-8.
25. Gopaldas RR and Coselli JS. Ruptured Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms – To stent or not to stent? Circulation 2010 Jun 29;121(25):2705-7. Epub 2010 Jun 14.
26. Dao TK, Youssef NA, Gopaldas RR, Chu D, Bakaeen FG, Wear E and Menefee D. Autonomic Cardiovascular Dysregulation as a Potential Mechanism Underlying Depression and Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery Outcomes. Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery 2010 May 13;5:36.
27. Gopaldas RR, Chu D and Bakaeen FG. Acquired Heart Disease: Coronary Insufficiency. In Sabiston’s Text Book of Surgery: The Biologic Basis of Modern Surgical practice (19th edition). Elsevier Health Sciences 2010; 61 [in press].
28. Gopaldas RR, Bakaeen FG, Dao TK, Huh J, LeMaire SA, Coselli JS, Chu D. Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) versus open thoracotomy pulmonary lobectomy in a cohort of 13,619 patients. Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 2010 May; 89(5): 1563-70
29. Gopaldas RR, Huh J, Dao TK, LeMaire SA, Chu D, Bakaeen FG, Coselli JS. Superior nationwide outcomes of endovascular versus open repair for isolated descending thoracic aortic aneurysm in 11,669 patients. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010 Nov;140(5):1001-10
30. Gopaldas RR, Chu D, Dao TK, Huh J, LeMaire SA, Lin P, Coselli JS, Bakaeen FG. Staged versus synchronous carotid endarterectomy and coronary artery bypass grafting: analysis of 10-year nationwide outcomes. Ann Thorac Surg. 2011 May;91(5):1323-9; discussion 1329.
31. Dao TK, Youssef NA, Armsworth M, Wear E, Papathopoulos KN, Gopaldas RR. Randomized controlled trial of brief cognitive behavioral intervention for depression and anxiety symptoms preoperatively in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011 May 2
32. Gopaldas RR, Bakaeen FG, Chu D, Coselli JS, Cooley DA. Why choose cardiothoracic surgery as a career? Heart Surg Forum. 2011 Jun 1;14(3):E142-8. (Cover Page article)
33. Gopaldas RR, Bakaeen FG, Dao TK, Huh J, LeMaire SA, Lin P, Coselli JS, Chu D. Outcomes of concomitant aortic valve replacement and coronary artery bypass grafting at teaching institutions versus non-teaching institutions. In press – Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
34. Dao TK, Voelkel E, Presley S, Doss B, Huddleston C, and Gopaldas RR. Gender as a Moderator Between Having an Anxiety Disorder Diagnosis and Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery (CABG) Outcomes in Rural Patients. Journal of Rural Health. 20 Sep 2011.
35. Mahoney JJ, Voelkel EA, Bannister JA, Gopaldas RR, Dao TK. Psychiatric Factors which Impact Coronary Heart Disease and Influence Outcomes Post-Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery. In Thoracic surgery/ Book 2. Intech Publishers.
36. Gopaldas RR, Dao TK, LeMaire SA, Huh J, Coselli JS. Endovascular versus open repair of ruptured descending thoracic aortic aneurysms: a nationwide risk-adjusted study of 923 patients. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011 Nov;142(5):1010-8. Epub 2011 Sep 9.
37. Gopaldas RR and LeMaire SA. American College of Surgeons Textbook of Surgery: Cardiac Anatomy and Physiology. [In press]